How to Adopt / Foster a Mini
Our facility is mostly geared toward a long-term retirement home for horses and ponies. When we have a situation where a young, healthy equine comes to us for whatever reason, we try to place this horse in a loving, caring home. So, while many of our equine are housed here permanently, there are some available for fostering or adoption.
Owning a horse is not for everyone and we have a few basic guidelines for the foster/adoption program:
- Be prepared to invest time and money into your new horse. Horses are very rewarding but can be expensive.
- You must be 18 years of age to adopt.
- If you are a parent adopting a horse for your child we welcome you and simply ask that you perform all adoption steps and communicate with us.
- By policy, we do not place holds on horses, the first qualified and prepared applicant will be approved for a 6 month foster program prior to adoption finalization.
- We're looking for permanent placements. We do not adopt horses for the purposes of breeding and/or resale and our adopters sign a contract agreeing not to take the horse to auction.
- We ask that horses go to a home with regular pasture/paddock turnout, safe fencing, and a hazard free man made shelter (trees don't count).
- We cannot let our rescues go to a new home with
- barb wire
- debris or unsafe items in pasture
- a lack of adequate shelter
- We appreciate donations but we are unable to accept trades for our rescues (in lieu of paying an adoption fee).
- We prefer cash or money order for adoption fee, but will accept PayPal (PayPal fees will be added to adoption cost).
- We may be able to deliver for a fee of $2 per mile to cover our mileage expenses, due prior to transport.
Here is a list of the minis we have available for our adoption/fostering program:
We do not currently have any minis awaiting adoption or fostering.
For a foster/adoption to take place, you will need to meet some established criteria and need to fill out the adoption form found here.
Video: Learn About All Breed Equine Rez-Q